- Founder of Preview Travel
- Founding Vice Chairman of Travelocity
- Currently working with Triporati
Good Questions to Ask Users:
- What are you doing now?
- How are you currently doing it?
- What are you paying for now ?
- How much better would it have to be for you to pay?
- Find the main deciding factors/ pain-points, ask the user to rank them.
- Optimizing travel is not the issue, figuring out where to go is
- Where to go has many levels. For example: $$$, cost, time, what can we do there
- To provide valuable information to the user so as not to tarnish the brand we would need a very intelligent database and the ability to compete with people like Triporati and Tnooz
- Beware: You may be solving problem #9 for a very small segment
- Need lots of users if using the commission structure
- Commission is based on conversion (look to book ratio) within 30 days
- Need an affiliate relationship (free) but must generate bookings to avoid being kicked out
- Look in to the Expedia widget and commission junction